The 2nd order of T Classes were mechanically almost identical to the 1st order (The traction motors were a slightly newer design) however the carbody was changed. This order featured a raised cab roof and lacked end platforms. Numbers in the class were T347-T356. Only 1 unit remains today, T356 which has been preserved and is still operational thanks to Steamrail.
These are our most detailed and functional locomotives built to date, with hundreds of man hours work put in to the project. I would like to thank a few people:
• Zec (S301) for his tireless scripting work for all of ATD's locos.
• Aaron (Azervich) for building the bogies.
• Garry (Jerker) for building the cab interior.
Features on this locomotive include (of which some can be switched on or off via the 'properties' menu):
• Automatic running numbers (unless specific version)
• Changeable marker light settings (Using the VR Set Train Lamps Rule, available on the DLS).
• Visible directional sand.
• Toggle switch to choose crew either visible or not, which also rotate depending on direction of travel.
• Automatic working windscreen wipers.
• Toggle switch for animated cab doors.
• Toggle switch for animated cab windows.
• Toggle switch for illuminated numberboards.
• Toggle switch for cab light.
• Toggle switch for external lights (step/bogie/coupler).
• Animated coupler and mesh swap for hosebags, compatible with other rollingstock/locomotives fitted with ACS coupling system.
• Automatic mirrors on some versions which fold in or out depending if crew is visible.
• Authentic sounds including brake squeal, flange squeal, air brake and compressor sounds.
• 4 levels of detail to ensure good PC performance.
• Use of environmental, specular and normal maps to give realistic looking textures.
Colour schemes include:
• VR (60's/70's/80's, Preserved 356)
• V/Line (80's/90's)
• V/Line Passenger Corp. (Fictional)
With all that said and done, I hope you enjoy using these locomotives as much as I have making them!
*Please note, these have only been designed for TANE SP2 (PC) and above ONLY, we cannot guarantee they will work in earlier versions of Trainz and provide no support for people attempting to get them to work in earlier versions of Trainz.